- This event has passed.
Webinar: What Every In-House Counsel Needs to Know About Internal Investigations
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
1.5 hours Illinois MCLE
A three-member panel that includes: United States District Judge Manish S. Shah, Lori Deem, and Kathryn Hartrick, will provide Judicial, Plaintiff, and In-House perspectives on what every in-house counsel needs to know about internal investigations that may result in litigation.
They will address the 5 stages of an investigation, using a scenario based on real-life examples, and each stage will address what would the issue look like if it results in litigation. This webinar will offer invaluable and practical advice on how to minimize risks/mistakes associated with internal investigations.
Hon. Manish S. Shah
U.S. District Judge
Northern District of Illinois
This Seminar will cover the 5 stages of an Internal Investigation:
- When an internal complaint arises – how to respond;
- Initiating the internal investigation;
- Managing through the investigation (including Whistleblower considerations);
- The investigation report, conclusions and next steps; and
- Litigation (discovery issues, Federal Rules of Evidence, what are issues from an investigation are likely to be raised at trial).
This is a webinar being hosted by Vedder Price. Panelists will be together at Vedder.