The FBA’s Chicago Chapter and the Seventh Circuit Bar Association jointly hosted about 100 participants for Hot Topics for the Renaissance Lawyer, featuring captivating speakers on compelling topics:
- Dean Erwin Chemerinsky’s Supreme Court review of recent decisions and pending cases
- Professor Jonathan Turley with Supreme Court analysis
- Policing the Police panel featuring Steven Rosenbaum, Dr. Cedric L. Alexander, Tracey L. Meares, Walton Hale, and Barry F. Kowalski
- Immigration: What Happens Next with expert practitioners and commentators Margaret “Peggy” McCormick, David Leopold, and Marketa Lindt
- Lissa Druss Christman on communicating in today’s world via contemporary media
- Issues the 7th Circuit is currently focused on featuring Judges Diane Sykes, Richard Posner, and William Bauer, and moderated by Vincent Connelly
Afterward, Mayer Brown LLP hosted speakers and participants for a reception, with more than one participant proclaiming this program one of the most interesting they ever attended.
The FBA Chicago Chapter and the Seventh Circuit Bar Association also thank Mayer Brown LLP for providing a forum and facilities for speakers and participants, and food and beverage service throughout the day.